Our Glorious History
- FU History
Computer Man Center was established by Dr. Abubaker Mustafa Khair in Khartoum II offering them Certificates for short courses which included: Introduction to Computer, WordPerfect, Database and Lotus.
These certificates were awarded in collaboration with a British institution (NCC); thus, providing extension service in ICT to the community for the first time in Sudan
1997 - 2002
CMC had the first batch of graduates for the 3 bachelor programs of the intakes of 1991. The B.Sc (Hons) Architecture and B.Sc (Hons) Telecommunication and Space Technology were approved and launched. CMC was recognized as Center of Excellence in ICT and UNESCO invited the College Director to visit the Headquarters in Paris. The first International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Center in Sudan and the African Region was in operation in the college.
Several linkage programs with Multimedia University (Malaysia), Limkokwing University (Malaysia), Linkoping University in Sweden, UNITAR University(Malaysia) Nettuno University (Italy), University of Brasillia (Brazil), California Institute of Technology (USA), Boston University andnother were established. The College started a Staff Development Program by sending 48 teaching assistants to some international Universities in Asia and Europe to study for M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs, while others were sent to National Universities within Sudan for the same purpose.
Madam Cousteau visited the Future University (Formerly Computer Man College)Ahmed Zewail, Linus Pauling Chair professor of chemistry, Chemistry Nobel Laureate visited Computer Man.
2005 - 2008
- Four Diplomas were approved, namely: Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering, Diploma in IT, Business & Accounting, Diploma in IT Website Design, and Diploma in IT e-Commerce.
- Three Bachelors degree programs were approved, namely: B.Sc (Hons) Electronic Engineering, B.Sc (Hons) Geoinformatics and B.Sc (Hons) Creative Multimedia
Dr. Farouq Elbaz visited the Future University (Formerly Computer Man).
- BSc (Hons) Knowledge Engineering and
- BSc (Hons) Knowledge Management.
The University Act was passed and approved by the Parliament and signed by the President of the Republic promoting the College to a full-fledged University with the name “The Future University”.
2011 - 2012
The Ministry of Higher Education approved additional Bachelor’s degree programs, namely:
- BSc (Hons) Graphics Design, BSc (Hons) Interior Design
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Engineering,
- BSc (Hons) Mechatronics Engineering and
- BSc(Hons) Renewable Energy Engineering
are now operational in the college.
The Ministry of Higher Education approved the launching of the University Postgraduate programs, namely:
- MSc Data Networks and Telecommunications,
- MSc Computer Engineering and
- MSc Architectural Landscape
- Petra University, Jordan;
- John Hopkins University;
- University of TURIN, Italy;
- Infrastructure University of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia;
- Kyoto University, Japan; Universita de Venezia (IUAV), Italy;
- Sofia University, Bulgaria;
The Ministry of Higher Education approved additional Postgraduate programmes in
- architectural management,
- telecommunication management and
- engineering management.
New Memoranda of Understanding with several universities were signed:
- University of Juba;
- Chungnum National University, Korea;
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia;
- Universitas Indonesia, Paramadina University, TRISAKTI,
- Bandung University, Al-Shafiya University, Indonesia and
- University de Vigo, Spain.